The Board’s principal role is to regulate Doctors, Dentists, Pharmacists and Allied Health Professionals; and by so doing, protect the public interest.
It also ensures that pharmacies are compliant with legal requirements.
The functions of the Board are:
1. To Register Doctors, Dentists, Pharmacists and Allied Health Professionals to practise in Gibraltar, after duly assessing their applications for registration.
2. To review and renew registrations on an annual basis.
3. To provide guidance on ethics, conduct, behaviour, responsibility and other professional matters to the regulated professions.
4. To receive, investigate and take necessary action in respect of complaints from the public and others about registered practitioners.
5. To liaise with similar regulatory bodies in other jurisdictions and provide certifications of good standing to them on behalf of registered practitioners.